Carnegie, Andrew, -- 1835-1919
Photos of the Carnegie Library, which was donated to the public by Andrew Carnegie and dedicated in 1903. It was DCs first public library. When the main branch of the public library moved to the Martin Luther King Jr. building the Carnegie building shut down for 10 years before re-opening after renovations as part of the University of the District of Columbia. Now the Historical Society of Washington, D.C. and Events DC use the building.
District Deparment of Transportation
Stewart Brothers Photography, Inc.
The Keystone Plus Construction Corp.
District Deparment of Transportation and Stewart Brothers Photography, Inc. , “Carnegie Library,” DDOT Historic Collections, accessed October 16, 2021, https://ddotlibrary.omeka.net/items/show/86.